As the holidays draw closer, you may be wondering what to get for your loved one who has chronic health issues. Although some traditional gifts may be appropriate, chances are there are specific things your loved one might need at this time. Here are some gift ideas for your loved one that can help make life a little easier for them.
- Gift cards – Whether you purchase one from the grocery store, pharmacy, or their favorite restaurant, a well-chosen gift card may help in more ways than you realize. Having a chronic illness can be expensive so having extra money for groceries or prescriptions can really help.
- Cleaning service – If your loved one suffers from chronic pain or other physical limitations, they may not be able to clean their own home. Pay for a weekly or monthly cleaning service to remove this task from their plate. It's a gift that will also lift their spirits!
- Shower chair – Standing for long periods is a chore when you suffer from chronic pain. If bathing is difficult for your loved one, purchase a shower chair so they can shower comfortably. Not only will they come to enjoy taking a shower, but they will also feel more independent while doing it.
- Soft blanket – Whether you choose a heated, warm, or weighted one, a blanket is always a good gift. Snuggling under a cozy blanket will keep your loved one warm and comfortable during the upcoming winter months.
- Meal delivery – Chronic pain or fatigue may prevent your loved one from cooking and dining out. A meal delivery service will provide them with the nourishment they need to get through the tough days. There are several options, available and many can be customized to meet individual needs.
- Milkweed Balm – If your loved one takes prescription or over-the-counter medications for pain relief, they will love getting a gift of Milkweed Balm. A natural alternative to medication, Milkweed Balm soothes chronic aches and pains when applied topically.
In addition to some of these suggestions, spend time with your loved ones this holiday season. Quality time is a gift that can't be wrapped, however, it is sure to be their favorite gift of all.