Chronic pain from arthritis, fibromyalgia, cancer treatments and other conditions can be debilitating. When you experience chronic pain, your ability to focus on your work can be greatly affected. Whether the physical impairment prevents you from performing tasks, or your ability to concentrate is compromised, chronic pain can make it difficult for you to keep your job. How can you manage your pain effectively so you can continue to work?
- Topical Relief — Milkweed Balm is made of cold-pressed milkweed seed oil, which contains high concentrations of omega-3 and omega-7 fatty acids and other antioxidants. Applied topically to the site of pain, Milkweed Balm can help to relieve pain and restore mobility, naturally.
- Physical Therapy — After visiting your doctor, he may suggest physical therapy as a way to treat pain. A physical therapist can tailor a specific exercise regimen for you that will slowly build your tolerance and reduce your pain. Working with a physical therapist will also lessen the likelihood of injury during exercise.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy — Part of conquering your pain may require therapy for your mind. It's a good idea to understand where the pain is coming from and what can be done about it, physically and emotionally. A good therapist can help you work through the emotional effects of pain.
- Relaxation Techniques — Some sufferers find great relief in yoga and meditation. Calming your mind can ultimately calm your body. You can try a few restful poses at home or join a class for gentle yoga. Daily practice may make a big difference in how you feel overall.
- Massage — Regular massage may help improve blood flow and reduce the symptoms of chronic pain. Be sure to check with your doctor before you begin any sessions. Application of Milkweed Balm during massage can be extremely beneficial.
If you feel like your pain is taking over your life, seek help right away. Don't wait until it becomes difficult to work or socialize. There are many treatment options available. Your pain may not be completely eliminated, but it can certainly be reduced so you can enjoy life and continue working.