As you approach the holiday season and get swept up into the shopping craze, be mindful of your loved one who is recovering from her cancer treatment. Aside from spending quality time together, show her how much you admire her bravery with a special gift. Here are a few options that are sure to bring a smile to her face and warmth to her heart.
- Spa treatment — It's time for a little pampering after undergoing a grueling treatment. Buy her a gift certificate for a facial or a massage for when she is feeling up to it and her doctor approves. You may even want to plan to go together for some bonding time.
- Milkweed Balm — Neuropathy from chemotherapy may leave her feeling pain long after treatment has ended. Give her a jar of Milkweed Balm to ease her suffering. The natural, anti-inflammatory properties of Milkweed Balm can be massaged into the site of her pain for some much-needed relief.
- Gym membership — Maybe she has been thinking about amping up her exercise routine now that she is in recovery but hasn't quite taken the initiative yet. A gym membership is a gift she can use to get her heart rate up while releasing endorphins. It's also an investment in her future health.
- Gift basket of goodies — Personalize a basket with your loved one's favorite things. Include items like coffee, tea, chocolate, magazines, bath products, a blanket, and more. On days when she doesn't feel like taking on the world, she can relax and re-energize at home.
- Donation to a cancer foundation — Give a gift that keeps on giving by making a donation in her name to her favorite cancer foundation. She is sure to appreciate your help in fighting for a cure. Many organizations will send you a card in the mail to give as a gift.
This season, take the time to choose a meaningful gift for your loved one who has battled cancer. Look for something that is not only appropriate but healing and helpful. Some of the best gifts cost nothing more than a little extra thought and time.